Time & Location
Jun 09, 2018, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
The Cunning Crow Apothecary, 9024 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
About The Event
The burning of plants for ritual, magical, and healing use is as old as humankind. It is a spell in and of itself, a prayer carrying our intentions as the gift of fragrant smoke, called libatios in ancient Greece. The burning of incense and plants has been used in religious and magical practices in every culture around the world because of its power in protection, consecration, healing, and more.
Together we will be exploring:
- The history of sacred smoke, incense, and fumigations in various cultures
- Guidelines on the intuitive art of crafting your own blends
- The magical art of using plant smoke for various uses
- How to incorporate them into your life and spiritual practices
- Abundant and accessible fragrant plants and herbs to use
Part of class will be focused on lecture and discussion, while the other parts will be spent crafting a unique and intentional incense blend to bring home. Please bring an extra $5 for materials (resins, essential oils, jars), as well as a journal.
- Ticket type
Please bring an extra $5 for materials fee for the apothecary.Price$40.00